5.02.2007

walking through fire

Isaiah 43:2 says "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."

This is a verse that I carry with me every day believing that it is true. I have seen it in my life and I have seen it in others' lives.

As of today, I am walking through fire and I am trying so hard not to be consumed, but I feel like I am burning up. If I get burned does that mean that I didn't believe hard enough? Or that I didn't have enough faith? Or that I am not one of His chosen ones? Or that I am not good enough (which I'm not). If I get burned, does that mean that all of this is a lie? A lie.

Lies are funny things. We've all told them, but they destroy lives; they burn.

Could it all be a lie? Or is that just what the enemy wants me to think? If that is the case, than what happens if I do get burned?

3 comments:

Julie said...

hey - I don't know what you're going through. What if getting burned is the fire?

Monaca said...

If getting burned is the fire why would the Bible tell us that we will not get burned when walking through the fire?

I am okay -- they are just some questions I have. Maybe I'm not getting burned. Maybe the fire is just so hot it feels like I am. I can't really tell the difference right now. Maybe one day in the future I'll look back and see that God really did never let me get burned. Who knows?

Julie said...

That's what I meant. That what feels like getting burned (what you perceive as the worst) is really just the fire that you are going through. One of those everything must fall apart before it can be put back together in a more perfect (albeit dramatically different) form.