6.14.2007

the engagement

This is a little overdue but better late than never, right?

Last Thursday Ari called me up. Here is a replay of the conversation (Ari's in blue, I'm in purple)
I dont really feel like cooking dinner tonight. It's been a long day and I am tired. Wanna just go out to eat?
Yeah that's fine. Where?
I don't care, where do you want to go?
Meh, we can just go to Outback.
Sounds good.
So we head over to Outback (our favorite "cheaper" restaurant) and have a nice laidback dinner and then as we are getting the check another important conversation arises.
I'm glad it didn't rain. We should do something outside.
Wanna go for a bike ride?
No I'm too tired.
Okay. Ooh, we should go to the waterfall.
Want to? Yeah, let's go.
So we head over to that waterfall in Warrenville (our favorite place to relax) and talk for a while. As the sun is setting and we could see the beautiful reflection on the water Ari announced that we should get going. I declared that I wasn't ready to go yet but he persisted. So I stood up to walk away and he grabed my hand and turned me toward him and huged me. Then he got down on one knee and I exclaimed "GET OUT" and he asked me to marry him.

So, Ari and I are getting married on Friday, December 28, 2007!

4 comments:

Mike Clawson said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you! :)

Heather Cady said...

Finally, the story :) I've been waiting. Way to go Ari :)

Group hug...

Amy G said...

First of all, congratulations AGAIN, and that's a great story. Second of all, are you telling me there's a WATERFALL in Warrenville??? I had no idea...

Julie said...

:) - too fun. Congrats!