1.03.2006

Eight days

I haven't posted in the last eight days and I feel like I should catch everyone up on my week.

Christmas was wonderful. I celebrated Christmas on the 24th with Mom, Dad, Christopher, and Erika. We had a nice brunch, exchanged gifts, and went to my cousins' house for our big LaMonaca celebration. Christmas day was pretty relaxed. God and I got to spend some good quality time together. Justin, Erica, Ari, and I went to see Narnia, which was pretty good!

During the week I wasn't supposed to work (doctors orders) so I basically spent every day with Ann and every night with Ari. So, pretty much a repeat of the week before. I spent a lot of time over at Ann's house--watching her pack, burning her cds onto her laptop for her, opening packages for her, and doing all the little, tedious stuff that she didn't have time to do. It was really great to spend time with her, but so weird. How do you pack for three years? Crazy.

Then on Thursday I got really sick with the flu. It was awful. But I spent all day Friday in bed so that I could go to Ann's going away party. I went and it was good. If you have not yet played the game Apples to Apples, you must. That's all I have to say.

Friday night Ari and I dropped Ann off at her house and I had to say goodbye to her. We cried and hugged and then had a snowball fight. Her last snowball fight for at least three years... It was wonderful. I could not think of a better way to say goodbye. She left for the middle east at 7:30 in the morning on Sunday. I was supposed to pray for her before she left, but when I went to bed I accidently brought my brother's phone upstairs with me instead of mine. So, when she called it didn't wake me up. No one will ever know how sad I that made me.

I still don't know if she made it safely. She had a layover in Boston, then a layover in Germany, then she was landing in the country at 11pm on Monday. She was going to stay overnight in a hotel and then take the seven hour bus ride into the town where she will be living for the next three years. She is probably unpacking her stuff right now. Hopefully we will get an email from her soon.

My new years eve was eventful, but I will have to write about that at another time. I'm sick of typing now.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

guess who got a blog:)

Anonymous said...

let me know if/when you're coming up so we can plan which night to go line dancing!